The International Pacific Halibut Commission's Interim Meeting was held in Seattle, Washington, on Wednesday and Thursday, November 28 and 29, 2012 at the offices of the IPHC.
The primary change to the Interim Meeting was to make more of its sessions accessible to the public via webcast. In past meetings, only the initial staff presentations were webcast. This year, except for the finance and administration session at the end of the second day, all sessions were webcast and the webcast was open to the public. Another important change was the opportunity for the public to ask questions of the presenters and/or Commissioners during these sessions.
More time was added to this year's Interim Meeting schedule to accommodate additional agenda items. The meeting started with a discussion of the 2012 Performance Review and IPHC planning efforts, and continued in the afternoon of the first day with the customary slate of presentations and discussion.
Please see Information Bulletin 70 for a discussion of the changes to the IPHC staff harvest advice (http://www.iphc.int/library/bulletins/300-ib0070.html).
- Draft Agenda
- Update on IPHC Performance Review
- Interim and Annual Meeting changes for this cycle
- IPHC Management Strategy Evaluation and Management Strategy Advisory Board
- The 2012 commercial, sport, and subsistence halibut fisheries
- 2012 assessment peer review
- Roadmap to the assessment and advice framework for 2013 - Part 1
- The 2012 stock assessment
- Assessment of the Pacific halibut stock at the end of 2012 (Executive Summary)
- Roadmap to the assessment and advice framework for 2013 - Part 2
- Pacific halibut harvest rate policy review
- Annual Research Plan, 2013
- Coastwide bait comparison study
- Area 2A Surveys - Northern California
- Public Session recordings - Raw recordings; we will work on breaking them down into shorter segments
- Report of the Assessment Review Team meeting, October 24-26, 2012
Have any thoughts on the catch limit advice? Please visit our Comments Page.