Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Conduct genomic research on Pacific halibut in support of the Biological and Ecosystem Research Program at IPHC. This includes assessing genetic variability, population structure, and establishing a genetic baseline for known spawning groups in the IPHC Convention Area.
- Research Scientist (2015-2019), University of Washington (Seattle, WA)
- Research Scientist (2015), University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee (Milwaukee, WI)
- State Worker (2010), Michigan Department of Natural Resources, Marquette Fisheries Research Station (Marquette, MI)
- Biological Science Technician (2009), Illinois Natural History Survey, Lake Michigan Biological Station (Zion, IL)
Prior to joining the IPHC, I worked as a research scientist at the University of Washington and prior to that, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee. Through these positions, I have been fortunate to be involved in a variety of fisheries research on sablefish in the Pacific Ocean and lake trout in the Great Lakes, including studies on population genetics and genomics, reproductive life history, and behavior and movement using popup satellite archival tags.
- M.Sc., Aquatic and Fishery Sciences, University of Washington, 2015
- B.Sc., Biology, Northern Michigan University, 2009
- Carpi, P., T. Loher, L. L. Sadorus, J. E. Forsberg, R. A. Webster, J. V. Planas, A. Jasonowicz, I. J. Stewart, and A. C. Hicks. 2021. Ontogenetic and spawning migration of Pacific halibut: a review. Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries 0123456789. Springer International Publishing.
- Goetz, F. W., A. J. Jasonowicz, and S. B. Roberts. 2018. What goes up must come down: Diel vertical migration in the deep-water sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria) revealed by pop-up satellite archival tags. Fisheries Oceanography 27(2):127–142.
- Jasonowicz, A. J., F. W. Goetz, G. W. Goetz, and K. M. Nichols. 2017. Love the one you’re with: genomic evidence of panmixia in the sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 74(3):377–387.
- Guzmán, J. M., J. A. Luckenbach, M. A. Middleton, K. C. Massee, C. Jensen, F. W. Goetz, A. J. Jasonowicz, and P. Swanson. 2017. Reproductive life history of sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria) from the U.S. Washington coast. Plos One 12(9):e0184413.
- Goetz, F., S. Sitar, A. Jasonowicz, and M. Seider. 2017. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society Reproduction of Lake Trout Morphotypes at Isle Royale in Northern Lake Superior. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 146(2):268–282. Taylor & Francis.
- Roloson, S. D., R. L. Gould, D. R. Barton, F. W. Goetz, A. J. Jasonowicz, C. Beierling, and M. R. van den Heuvel. 2016. Factors Influencing Growth Variability in Three Northern Alberta Populations of Yellow Perch (Perca flavescens). Journal of Fisheries Sciences 10(4):43–52.
- Cook, M. A., K. C. Massee, T. H. Wade, S. M. Oden, C. Jensen, A. Jasonowicz, D. A. Immerman, and F. W. Goetz. 2015. Culture of sablefish (Anoplopoma fimbria) larvae in four experimental tank designs. Aquacultural Engineering 69:43–49.
- Sitar, S. P., A. J. Jasonowicz, C. A. Murphy, and F. W. Goetz. 2014. Estimates of Skipped Spawning in Lean and Siscowet Lake Trout in Southern Lake Superior: Implications for Stock Assessment. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 143(3):660–672.
- Goetz, F., A. Jasonowicz, R. Johnson, P. Biga, G. Fischer, and S. Sitar. 2014. Physiological differences between lean and siscowet lake trout morphotypes: Are these metabolotypes? Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 71(3):427–435.