Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Liaison between the Pacific Halibut Industry and the IPHC.
- Gather accurate biological data regarding age, sex, weight and length, as well as log information to assist in the management of the Pacific Halibut Fishery.
- Worked for IPHC as a Fishery Data Specialist (F) beginning in 1988 during the Pacific Halibut Derby days with my first port being Excursion Inlet. I have sampled in Kodiak, Dutch Harbor, Seward as well as doing several fishery-independent setline surveys since then.
- Began working as a contract employee at the IPHC office in Seattle in 1995, and continued that job every season until 2003, in the port town of Seward, AK.
- Returned to work for IPHC in 2018 and am currently staffed in the port of Seward, AK as a Field Data Specialist (F).
- B.Sc., Chemistry and Oceanography, University of Washington, 1990