Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Responsible for hiring, training, deployment, supervising, and evaluating IPHC Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff) for the Fishery-independent Setline Survey (FISS), other IPHC research projects on contracted vessels, and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) trawl surveys.
- Leads and coordinates vessel and Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff) deployment schedules and travel.
- Develops and directs the Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff) recruitment and hiring including interviewing and onboarding documentation.
- Coordinates payroll and expenses for all Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff) in the coordination with the Administrative Services Branch.
- Assists with the FISS Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff) training including handling the logistical support (e.g. lodging, travel, and transportation).
- Assists other Setline Survey Specialists with fish sales, end of season reporting, permitting, authorization requirements, data editing and management, bait logistics, and gear maintenance and logistics.
- Assists with writing reports related to the FISS, reviewing data forms, and reconciling data, as needed.