Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Acts as the IPHC Survey HR Coordinator and is responsible for hiring, training, deployment, supervising, and evaluating IPHC sea samplers for the FISS, other IPHC research projects on IPHC-contracted vessels, and the National Marine Fisheries Service (NMFS) trawl surveys.
- Leads and coordinates vessel and sea sampler deployment schedules and travel.
- Develops and directs the sea sampler recruitment and hiring including interviewing and onboarding documentation.
- Coordinates payroll and expenses for all sea samplers in the coordination with the Administrative Office.
- Assists with the sea sampler training including handling the logistical support (e.g. lodging, travel, and transportation).
- Assists other FISS Program staff with fish sales, end of season reporting, permitting, authorization requirements, data editing and management, bait logistics, and gear maintenance and logistics.
- Assists with writing reports related to the FISS Program, reviewing data forms, and reconciling data, as needed.