Current IPHC Responsibilities:
I am currently responsible for managing and directing all aspects of logistics for equipment (e.g. gear and scientific supplies) and bait for the IPHC fishery-independent setline surveys and special research projects, maintaining and upgrading the survey manual, drafting reports on activities for the Commission via the Report of Assessment and Research Activities (RARA), collecting and reviewing survey data, assisting in survey planning, and providing survey support.
Also, I directly assist with the enhancement of the IPHC’s online presence by creating content, managing platforms, and communicating IPHC’s science and IPHC’s Interim and Annual Meetings through social media.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada, 2006
- Certificate in Social Media Technologies & Implementation, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, 2015
Previous Work Experience:
- Fishery Biologist I, Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Dutch Harbor, AK, 2009 – 2012
- Seasonal Research Assistant, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2009
- At-Sea Fisheries Observer, Archipelago Marine Research, British Columbia, 2008
- Crab and Marine Mammal Observer, Saltwater Inc., Alaska, 2006 – 2008