Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Revising, expanding, and fully documenting the IPHC’s archive of bycatch mortality estimates and biological data from all IPHC Regulatory Areas.
- The delivery of data sets to the IPHC’s Quantitative Sciences Branch while working in coordination with other Fisheries Statistics and Services Branch staff.
- Assisting with the completion of annual reporting on Pacific halibut fisheries
- Sampling commercial catch in Regulatory 2A, primarily in Bellingham, WA
- Enhancement of the IPHC’s online presence by creating content, managing platforms, and communicating IPHC’s science and IPHC’s Interim and Annual Meetings as primary webmaster and publisher for iphc.int, and social media lead.
- Bachelor of Science, University of Guelph, 2006
- Graduate Certificate in Social Media Technologies & Implementation, University of Washington, 2015
- Masters of Science in Communication, Purdue University, 2019 - Present
Previous Work Experience:
- Survey Technical Operations Coordinator, Internatational Pacific Halibut Commission, Seattle, WA 2012 - 2018
- Fishery Biologist I, Alaska Department of Fish and Game, Dutch Harbor, AK, 2009 - 2012
- Seasonal Research Assistant, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR, 2009
- At-Sea Fisheries Observer, Archipelago Marine Research, British Columbia, 2008
- Crab and Marine Mammal Observer, Saltwater Inc., Alaska, 2006 - 2008
- Henry, E. 2018. The International Pacific Halibut Commission and Social Media. Fisheries 43: 139.
- Claussen, J., David, S., O'Reilly, K., Henry, E., and N. Sopinka. 2018. #Welcome: Introducing the AFS Science Communication Section. Fisheries. 43: 121.
- Henry, E. 2018. Speaking to Your Niche Audience: What 1000 Facebook Likes Can Tell You. Contributed Presentation. American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting. August 2018. Atlantic City, New Jersey.
- Claussen, J., David, S., O'Reilly, K., Henry, E. 2018. Promoting Fisheries Science via Social Media During #AFS148. August 2018. Online Webinar for American Fisheries Society.
- Henry, E. 2018. Pacific halibut sex ratio: 19 years of fishery-independent setline survey data. Contributed Presentation. Western Groundfish Conference, February 2018, Seaside, California.
- Henry, E. 2016. The International Pacific Halibut Commission and social media: lessons learned from the first 3 years on Facebook and Twitter. Contributed Presentation. American Fisheries Society Annual Meeting. August 2016. Kansas City, Missouri.
- Henry, E. 2015. The International Pacific Halibut Commission & Social Media. Contributed Presentation.WA-BC AFS 2015 Annual General Meeting. February 2015. Richmond, BC.