Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Fishery-Independent Setline Survey (FISS)
- FISS fish sales ($3 - $5 million annual sales)
- Hire, train, deploy Setline Survey Specialists (Field Staff)
- UX lead for at-sea technology (including user manual and training)
- FISS data visualizations using Tableau
- B.S. Environmental Science. 1992 Western Washington University, Bellingham WA
Previous Work Experience:
- Survey Operations Technician, International Pacific Halibut Commission, 2003-2009.
- Translator German-English, Think’z Global IT Translation. Berlin, Germany 2000-2001.
- North Pacific Groundfish Observer, Saltwater Inc., 1997-1999.
- Currently, working on a re-evaluation of the length-to-weight relationship using motion-compensated scales to collect data not available shoreside, such as fresh round weight and fresh dressed weight.
- Soderlund, Eric, Daniel L. Randolph, and Claude Dykstra. IPHC setline charters 1963 through 2003. International Pacific Halibut Commission, 2012.
Affiliations & Certifications:
- Graduate Certificate, User Centered Design. 2015 University of Washington, Seattle WA
- Certificate, Technical and Scientific Communications. 2005 University of Washington, Seattle WA