Current IPHC Responsibilities:
- Statistical modelling and data analysis; providing statistical support to Secretariat; reviewing IPHC sampling protocols and study designs
- PhD, North Carolina State University 2005
- MSc, University of Otago 1993
- BSc (Honours), University of Otago 1992
- Spatio-temporal modelling; tag-recovery models; setline survey design and data analysis
- Webster, R. A., Leaman, B. L., Clark, W. G., and Forsberg, J. E. (2013), Pacific halibut on the move: a renewed understanding of adult migration from a coastwide tagging study. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences, 70, 642-653.
- Leaman, B. M., Kaimmer, S. M., and Webster, R. A. (2012), Circle Hook Size and Spacing Effects on the Catch of Pacific Halibut. Bulletin of Marine Science, 88, 547–557.
- Yoshizaki, J., Pollock, K. H., Brownie, C., and Webster, R. A. (2009), Modeling misidentification errors in capture-recapture studies using photographic identification of evolving marks. Ecology, 90, 3–9.
- Webster, R. A., Pollock, K. H., and Simons, T. R. (2008), Bayesian spatial modeling of data from bird surveys. Journal of Agricultural, Biological and Environmental Statistics, 13, 121–139.
- Webster, R. A., Pollock, K. H., Ghosh, S. K. and Hankin, D. G. (2008), Bayesian spatial modeling of data from unit-count surveys of fish in streams. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society, 137, 438–453.
- Forsyth, D. M., Link, W. A., Webster, R., Nugent, G. and Warburton, B. (2005), Nonlinearity and seasonal bias in an index of brushtail possum abundance. Journal of Wildlife Management, 69, 976–981.
Affiliations & Certifications:
- International Biometric Society (WNAR)
- American Statistical Association