IPHC Permitting

Since its inception, the International Pacific Halibut Commission has granted a number of permits with other institutions to capture or use Pacific halibut for any purpose not included in the Pacific Halibut Fishery Regulations. An IPHC Permit is required to conduct research or tagging activities by entities other than the IPHC.

An IPHC Permit may be requested via our Science and Research page. All permit requests must be submitted online. The arrangements take the form an officially issued IPHC permit.

The following provides details of active and expired permits.

IPHC Permits - Active

Type Title PDF Effective date Expiration date

IPHC Permits - Expired

Type Title PDF Effective date Expiration date